Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Thursday, February 23, 2012

Well No Wonder.....

At my last WW Meeting, my lovely leader, Joan, talked about how color can affect your appetite!

Here is the information she found on the color "Red".

"It is a very intense and energetic color, red increases blood pressure and stimulates appetite. Ever notice why many restaurants paint their walls a dark red?"

She followed this by saying that it probably wasn't the best idea to have red walls in your kitchen or red plates.

Here are my kitchen plates.




And here are a couple of pictures of my kitchen.







Yip, that's right. I have red walls AND red plates. At least I have a variety of plates, so I can opt out of eating off of my red plates, but I think I will keep my wall color for a while.

Here is the information Joan sent me on other colors and how they can affect your appetite!

Looks like Grey might be my next kitchen wall color. I am a total anxiety nut and a stress eater!

Written by AstroNutrition 13 April 2010

Blue. The color blue is associated with the mind and body and can produce a calming effect while slowing the metabolism. Blue is often used as an appetite suppressant so if you run a restaurant, consider painting it red! If you're dieting, put lots of blue in your kitchen and dining room from blue plates, blue candles, and blue placemats.

Green. The beauty of nature in shades of green, green is a calming and relaxing color. The color green is associated with being healthy and in nature.

Grey. A great color to suppress your appetite, grey calms and neutralizes anxiety which results in you eating less food.

Orange. Not only does orange increase oxygen supply to the brain, it stimulates us mentally and is invigorating. It's a warm, soothing color that also stimulates appetite.

Turquoise. A tasty color that stimulates your appetite, color your kitchen turquoise if you're looking at beefing up.

Yellow. Cheery and uplifting, yellow can help with focus and concentratation. Ever wonder why Post-It notes are yellow? Coincidence? Yellow is related to happiness and it can also stimulate your appetite.

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment