Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, April 18, 2012

"Red Light" or "Trigger" Foods


Do you have a food that when you eat it, you can't stop? I have heard these foods referred to in the WW meetings as Red Light or Trigger foods. I have several. I was unfortunately reminded of one of them this afternoon, so I'll be skipping dinner, or at least eating an "All Veggie Salad"......DRY!

I bought some trail mix for those times when I am heading out the door for a few hours and I don't want to come home starving! Now I have not bought any kind of trail mix in a long long time. Why? Because it's totally a trigger food for me. And I know that! I guess I thought perhaps a miracle had happened and I could eat a 1/4 C (3 PPV) and be content. Well that's just plain stupidity on my part. This stuff was delicious. I found it at Costco.

Peanuts, almonds, dried cranberries, oranges, raisins and strawberries. The strawberries were the best part, I thought. When I eat a PB&J, I eat strawberry jam, and I am pretty sure these were sugar coated or something. Egads!






Then it all triggered a sweet craving, and I thought to myself, self, these would really kick ass with some chocolate. Well, I don't have any in the house, BECAUSE IT'S A TRIGGER FOOD! Then, i found some........



This jar was a christmas gift. Its cookie mix, with white chocolate chips, and M&M's. Well, it was.....The only reason there are any M&M's left in the jar, is because they were stuck in the mix! What I could get out is now all a part of my awesome, yet addicting PB&J trail mix!



Like I said, if you can eat 1/4 C, then knock yourself out, but if you're like me? Kinda stupid? Better pass...

I am going to measure out serving sizes and write the PPV on the Baggie, so at least if I over indulge, I'll have an idea how bad it was!

Now I am going to go see how full the fridge is of raw veggies!

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment