Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, May 19, 2012

Day 2 of 7

Another successful day!

My Saturday morning started off with a visit from my dad. Actually it started off with a banana and a cup of coffee on the deck, then dad came over. We had coffee and breakfast, and caught each other up on the weeks events.

I love my coffee and I have all this great coffee equipment, so I did a little rearranging on my counter tops last week and made a coffee corner. I'll take a picture tomorrow. Its kinda cute. This morning I made myself a latte! Not bad! I didn't think to take a picture before I gave it a stir and started drinking.
I'll do it again tomorrow and show my frothy milk!



About 30 years ago, my dad and I would go to breakfast regularly at Hardee's and I would always order the bacon, egg and cheese biscuit with a side of tater tots, or maybe they were crispy crowns? They were fried potatoes, no matter what they're called. They were crispy and greasy and delicious! I loved the buttery biscuit and the bacon. I always dipped everything in ketchup. Biscuit included.

This version is a little different, and no tater's on the side today, but it's a breakfast I have once or twice a week. I eat it open faced to make me feel like I have a bit more food. I use four egg whites, so it would be a pretty big bite if I didn't eat it open faced. I add one tablespoon of real bacon bits to the egg what's while they cook. The cheese is hidden under the eggs. I still dip it in ketchup!


After Pops left, I did a little housework and played with the dogs. Mishka isn't crazy about having her picture taken, but Tucker actually likes to pose!

Posing.......


Playing........



I really needed to go to the grocery store, but I wanted to get my workout in before I began to make any excuses and let the day get away from me. I got my workout in, and then I was starving!

These were the available veggies......carrots, bell peppers, and potatoes. No lettuce anywhere!



Then I remembered I had 3 little zucchini's on the counter top. I had a piece of grilled chicken left over from dinner this week that needed to be eaten TODAY. Here's what I came up with.....



It was so unexpectedly yummy!

I grilled the zucchini and used my WW olive oil sprayer.










I diced up the chicken breast and threw it in too!


I topped it all with Parmesan cheese.



I added grapes for dessert.......


Later in the afternoon, I made a blueberry smoothie....









For dinner I debated going out, or staying in. It is Saturday night ya know. And I am the one that gets to make those decisions. Mike is so easy. He really doesn't care if we eat in or out, and we do typically eat out on Friday and Saturday. But I really want the 160's on Friday, and I knew it would be easier to keep within my points at home. Well, I had black beans and corn from earlier in the week, and that whole Chipotle thing was calling my name again. So I created it at home as close as I could. I went to the store and bought lettuce.......real shopping and planning tomorrow! Here is the Chipotle buffet.



Love this stuff!



Chicken, black beans and corn, brown rice, guacamole, sour cream, cheese, chips and salsa.








My exercise today was 30 minutes on the treadmill, but I increased my speed and incline today, and continued with the walking/running intervals. I really got my heart rate up!

Then I did this again today....



Then I did several arm exercises with the 8 pound weights. Then I moved to the floor for some planks. Oh...the core.....Egads.

I was pleased with my workout! I was listening to Booty Wurk on Pandora the whole time. Something my lovely daughter found for me. But Black Eyed Peas is my favorite on Pandora to workout to.

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I can earn activity points by doing exercise.

The food I ate and it's PPV.

Banana = 0
Breakfast sandwich = 6
Nonfat Latte = 1
Chicken and zucchini = 4
Grapes = 0
Smoothie = 2
Chicken Taco Salad = 12
Chips = 2

Total = 27

I used 1 point from my 49 points allowance

I earned 6 activity points.

Now I get to create a healthy day all over again tomorrow!


"Love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment