Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Pumpkin Problems......

For breakfast I was going for variety. I truly love my Oatmeal Banana Pancake. I thought today I would replace the banana with some pumpkin. I know I have been eating way too many bananas and I thought this would give me a little variety. I have been trying also to make a conscious effort to reduce my consumption of processed foods, so I was trying to avoid my packets of instant oatmeal this morning. I went to one of my best advice friends, Google, for some recipe ideas. I found a few and decided on one. I loved the consistency of it.




The batter was really thick!



The pancake was almost cookie like!


I was super excited for my first taste. I was thinking oatmeal cookie, pumpkin loaf. No. I did NOT like the way it tasted at all. It was almost bitter. There was nothing sweet about it at all. It had cinnamon and vanilla in it, but even maple syrup wasn't going to make this pancake do anything for me. It was just a looker!

So I went to the next recipe. It had less baking soda in it, and along with the cinnamon and vanilla, it called for agave syrup. Perfect.





The batter wasn't as thick, so i was bummed.





But they too, looked good.




No. It was mushy and not sweet at all. I couldn't even take a second bite to think about what it needed.

I ended up mixing instant oatmeal, (exactly what I didn't want to do) egg whites and pumpkin. It was delicious.





Lunch was some left over tilapia for a small taco!




I need to use different plates for all my pictures in one day, huh?

The rest of the day got kinda crazy and I became cranky again, so photos didn't happen.

I made pizza and salad for dinner. A bag of Asian salad from the produce department, and pizza with rotisserie chicken mixed in with some peanut sauce, green onions, shredded carrots and mozzarella cheese. I think I have an old picture of one? Yip. Same pizza. Different day.




A New Challenge.....and the timing couldn't be better!

After dinner, a neighbor called to see if I was interested in signing up for an 8 week boot camp. Long story. In the end, I said yes. The way I understand it, you go three times a week for weights, cardio is on your own the other three days. Of all of the different types of exercises there are, weights are my favorite, but I get bored and end up doing a lot of the same things. So I am really looking forward to the challenge and the variety, and super excited to see the difference! I am hoping to come out of it with some awesome arms!

I will keep you posted!

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 6
Lunch = 4
Dinner = 18

Total = 28

Activity Points Earned Today = 6
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 0
How many glasses of water I drank today = 8





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment