Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Day 2 in the Hospital.....bummer.

Well, better safe than sorry. It is clear that Tess has a Kidney infection, but unclear whether she has Kidney Stones. They are keeping her for another 24 hours so she can get a good heavy dose of antibiotics, and to do a more intense CT scan to look for stones.

So at least one more day of movies, visits from friends, naps, snacks and girl chat.

After sneaking into the empty bed beside Tess and catching a few zzzzz's last night, my stiff neck from the last couple of mornings is so much better. NOT!!! But this is not about me. :)

At some point during the day, I climbed in bed with Tess, after fetching myself a Starbucks, her a hot tea, and some popcorn for us to share.





We watched the original Arthur, thanks to Netflix. So funny. We needed a good laugh. Seriously.....how cool are computers that we could just curl up in her hospital bed and watch an old movie!






I could have used a shower long before I decided to take one at three in the afternoon, but when I finally decided to hop in, it did help relax my neck a bit. Too bad I didn't have any clean clothes to put on.

Tess took a shower before lunch, just for something to do, but with the whole IV thing and apparently the "no lather" shampoo, it didn't really make her feel better. The 24"x24" bath towels didn't impress her either. Did I mention this is her first time in a hospital?

I was determined to wait to eat breakfast until the Dr. came to the room, so I could meet him and ask my "mom" questions. He didn't show up until almost 11:00 a.m. Urg.

So when I finally made it to the cafeteria, I was starving and overwhelmed with choices. So I got a variety. I couldn't decide if I wanted breakfast or lunch.

Oatmeal, Latte, Peanut Butter, Carrots, Cucumber, Tomatoes, and one of those Banana's.
Total = 11 PPV



Boredom and a movie resulted in.......

Cheese = 3 PPV
Wheat Thins = 3 PPV
Popcorn = 4 PPV

Then Dinner....basically a Taco Salad from the cafeteria (with 2, not pictured, mini burritos)
17 PPV





I did not make the best choices today with the buttered popcorn and the mini burritos and lack of water, but hopefully I can get a walk in tomorrow.


Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.


Lunch = 11
Snack = 10
Dinner = 17

Total = 38

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 33
How many glasses of water I drank today = 3

Tess says thanks so much for all of your prayers and well wishes!




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

2 comments:

  1. Hope Tess is feeling better real soon! I know that she is ready to get back to normal. It has to be hard to stay on track while stressed and in the hospital...you are doing great!

    ReplyDelete