Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Friday, August 24, 2012

"Life is a journey, not a destination"

Diana Nyad is the 62 year old woman who recently attempted to swim from Cuba to Florida. This was not her first attempt at this swim. Due to weather, jellyfish stings and hypothermia, among many other obstacles, Diana had to be pulled from the water, and was not able to complete the swim. I was fascinated by her story, her goal, and her determination. Shortly after being pulled from the water, she was interviewed. When asked her thoughts on not being able to finish the swim, she replied that......It was more about the journey, than the destination. She was disappointed in not being able to finish, but the real story here was her attempt at making that swim. The dedicated training, and the actual swimming through jellyfish and shark infested waters! I later discovered that was a famous quote from Ralph Waldo Emerson. I don't recall hearing this quote before, but I loved it and related to it as soon as I heard it.

"Life is a journey, Not a destination."





That is exactly why I decided to "publicize" my blog. While I often get frustrated with myself (and I assume others get frustrated with me as well), about not being as determined, or as self disciplined as others are in their weight loss journey, this is MY story, and MY journey. I know when I reach my goal, I will have learned a lot about myself along the way. I have already learned so much and changed so much for the better. My story will be how I was able to ACHIEVE my goal, not my goal.

One major thing I have learned about myself over the last three years, is that I need a schedule and structure for me to be productive and happy. Today I wrote up a schedule for myself to follow each week. My schedule includes exercise, walking the dogs, work, meal planning, journaling and blogging.

If you are reading and following, sorry for the boring post, and possibly boring journey as of late.

Hopefully my new schedule will pull me out of my funk and I will see progress soon!






"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. Never boring! I love reading your blog and am glad you have a schedule. I hope it works! I think you have made amazing progress! You already have maintenance licked, don't forget. I think that is the hardest part. You have learned so much in three years, and you have built an incredible circle of support. You'll get there, you know you will. And when you do, you already have all the tools in place to keep you there! Awesome job, Jules!

    ReplyDelete