Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Monday, September 3, 2012

MIA?

You thought I was missing in action, didn't you? I was. I have not FORGOTTEN to blog in a long, long time. The last two days have been really full, and fun and busy.

Saturday and Sunday had a few unexpected things come up. Lunches out, dinner with family and friends, lots of errand running, Tess came in town, and the weekend included very little scheduling.

Fridays food choices were great!

Saturdays food choices weren't terrible? Maybe a little too much sodium going on in my choices?

Sunday I believe I ate over half of my "49 Weekly Points Allowance"

Where to start......

Let's see.

Saturday's breakfast was great, all though I am feeling its time to change things up a bit in the breakfast department. I need to get back to adding in yogurt and fruit, or oatmeal to my morning menu.

Grapefruit
One Scrambled Egg with Three Scrambled Egg Whites with One Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge mixed in.
4 PPV






Now for the unexpected stuff......

Tess came in town to attend a wedding Saturday night. My mom had not been able to give Tess her 21st birthday present yet, and since she was in town, we scheduled lunch together at the last minute. We met at one of our favorite little neighborhood pubs by my moms house. It was a dreary, rainy afternoon. A perfect atmosphere for a Sports Bar on a Saturday afternoon, if thats your thing. And it is. A pub. I know. Surprise! But everything on the menu there is delicious! We arrived just long enough before my mom, that a beer at the bar sounded fun! Tess, truly, could not be more supportive of my WW journey, but also can't believe that she is finally 21 and I have decided to take a break from the adult beverages. Lets just say, the two of us have a LOT of similarities, and a Saturday afternoon at a pub is high on the list of "Fun Things To Do" :) Well, I got all caught up in the atmosphere, and we bellied up to the bar and ordered two beers. Tess was truly giddy when they asked for her I.D.

The "Happy Couple".........





When Grandma arrived.............





...........we moved to a table and ordered lunch. I ordered the Taco Salad, no chips, dressing on the side, and water.
10 PPV




Extreme guilt set in, so I only drank 1/2 of my beer. So good and bad feelings all wrapped up in one here. Mad at myself for letting the atmosphere get to me and ordering the beer, but happy with myself for not finishing it, or worse, finishing it and ordering a couple more!





We had a really great afternoon with my mom. She surprised Tess with a family ring that has a lot of meaning behind it. So aside from my error in judgement with the beer, we had a great lunch with Grandma!


The evening plans included a 75th Birthday Celebration for my Father-In-Law. We were going to their house for a lasagna dinner. The house was full of family and laughter and kids running all over the place and adults yelling over each other. Grandma Rita (my Mother-in-Law) always does a great job of hosting the perfect family days. There were close to 20 of us there to wish Grandpa a Happy Birthday! We all chipped in and got him an Ipad, so most of the afternoon was spent teaching him how to use it! Lots of fun and giggles.


Lasagna (small serving) 10 PPV
Salad 3 PPV
Fruit 0 PPV

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 4
Lunch = 12
Dinner = 13

Total = 29

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 44
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12



Sunday's Unexpected Events........

Breakfast was.......yip.......more Egg Whites.
Toast topped with Cheese Wedge, Jam, then topped with the eggs and chopped bacon mixed in.
8 PPV



Yummy.......




Then Tess and I ventured out to different Jewelry stores to price ring sizing. That was interesting and informative.

The first Company, (cold, snooty, unwelcoming, uninformed) wanted around $400 to size, re-dip?, add new prongs, possibly change the look of the ring a bit, blah, blah, blah.........maybe take a week or two??? This company is large and advertises on the radio ALL the time!!

We told them we would be back later.

The second company, also large and well known, (offered us bottled water, cappuccino, immediately asked our names, told us how beautiful and unique the ring was) gave us a quote and told us they could have it done in about an hour since Tess was out of town and leaving soon. We had the ring resized for less than $60. It looks gorgeous!

Not a great pic though........




While waiting on the ring to be resized, we went to Chipotle. Tess ordered a Corona, because she can. Hopefully the newness of that wears off soon!!!

:)



I usually get the Bowl, but noticed they had corn tortillas for the tacos, and decided to give them a try. They really tasted good, but due to the Points, I will stick with the bowl the next time.

18 PPV

I still have dinner to eat, and I have eaten my 26 PPV already. :(






We picked up the ring, and Tess was on her way back to school.

We have three great families on our street that decided to have a Labor Day cookout, and invited us to join them! I don't know all of the exact ingredients, but that was maybe the best burger I have ever had!

I indulged a bit, and plan to spend the next four days eating only my daily 26 points, including lots of veggies and lean meats, exercising everyday for an hour, and drinking lots of water!

Here is a rough guesstimate of my Labor Day Feast......

NO ALCOHOL! (not a guesstimate, but a fact)

Burger (no bun) 5 PPV
ramen noodle salad 3 PPV
chopped salad 3 PPV
water melon 0 PPV
homemade Mac & Cheese 4 PPV
dessert 6 PPV
Total = 21

Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 8
Lunch = 18
Dinner = 21

Total = 47

Activity Points Earned Today = 2
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 23
How many glasses of water I drank today = 15

The next four days are full of..........






"love the life you live, live the life you love"

4 comments:

  1. Awww! I am glad that you had a good time with your sweet girl! My daughter came home too! her and her boyfriend have broken up (yay!) so we did lots of shopping and eating and laughing! I think she had a good time! You can get right back on track now..no guilt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed when you said they broke up (yay!). Tess just started dating one of her best guy friends the same week as her birthday. I love him and am glad I know him, and I only want her to be happy, but don't want a boyfriend in her life to alter any career decisions? Urg

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelsey has dated this guy since her 2nd year. He is very smart, going to be a lawyer..but he has to be the most feminine guy that I have ever met!! My husband (her Dad) is a big tough fireman so I was shocked that she picked this guy! My husband and boys don't care much for him either:( We dont say much cause they could always get back together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I understand. I always tell myself that as long as she is truly happy, and treated with respect, that is what matters the most. :)

      Delete