Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Appleicious!!

It's a day of Apple's. I really wanted to get in my fruits and veggies today, and my crisper is full of Honey-crisp apples. While I do enjoy eating an apple the old fashioned way, I like to change things up a bit too. Then I discovered apple flavored things that I could NOT pass up!

I ate these apple slices........after they soaked in the juice of an orange and a lemon for 2 hours.





I had this for breakfast......cooked apples over oatmeal.





And I tried this gum, for the obvious reason.....

It's APPLE PIE flavor!!





And.....I had these as a snack. An awesome Trader Joe's find.
Cinnamon Apple Snack Sticks
20 sticks
2 PPV





But, before I continue with the details of my Appleicious day, let me back up a bit to let you know just how big of an idiot I truly am.

Do you know the difference between a Parsnip and a Turnip?

I may be one of the few that doesn't......or didn't. :)

When I first found THIS recipe, I left out the Brussels sprouts and the parsnips, because I was certain I wouldn't like either. Eventually, I did add in the Brussels sprouts, and to my delight, I actually like them! I decided to try the parsnips.

I went to the grocery store, and bought these.....




I even Googled....."how to prepare parsnips", and I didn't think that MY parsnips looked like the parsnips I found on the YouTube video. but I cut them up anyway, and prepared them, the entire time, wondering why my parsnips were purple??? (I did NOT like them.)

So....today, I bought the real deal. It even says so on the bag!!!






I think they look like white carrots.....and I will be cooking them for dinner!





Okay, change of plans. We are going out to dinner. I roasted these anyway. I was outside and almost caught the house on fire for the SECOND time this week!

I just wanted to know what they tasted like......

Kinda like a potato, which I had read. Probably much better NOT burnt!

I will give Parsnips a try again, now that I actually know what a parsnip is.

:)





Click HERE for the simple recipe for soaking your apple slices in a combination of Orange and Lemon Juice!

A great ZERO PPV Snack! And it takes FOREVER to eat!

:)



I was craving something warm and yummy on such a chilly morning, and I am actually tired of eggs (okay, fine, we are out of eggs). It really was time for a little variety though. I found this recipe a while back. Click HERE for the original recipe for "Apples in a Bag".

Put it all (apples, water, sweetener, cinnamon and cornstarch) in the bag.......




Close the bag, shake the bag........




Vent the bag about an inch, and microwave for 2-3 minutes........




Pour over whatever you would like!
Pancakes......frozen yogurt.......oatmeal........

Or.....eat them alone!

I ate them over my oatmeal.......warm and cozy......
4 PPV




Lunch
Salad from the grocery store salad bar with mixed varieties of lettuce, onions, tomatoes, cucumbers and a variety of kidney and garbanzo beans. I then topped it with my left over Turkey Taco Meat (it's gone now), and chopped it all up!
7 PPV





Dinner
Chicken Tortilla Soup
4 PPV






Salad Bar
8 PPV





Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.


The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 4
Snack = 2
Lunch = 7
Dinner = 12

Total = 25

Activity Points Earned Today = 2
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 0
How many glasses of water I drank today = 8




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment