Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Monday, October 29, 2012

Weekend Festivities and Food......

More information that you need to know........

Typically I clean house, top to bottom, the first Saturday of the month. I keep things picked up all the time, but I hate to mop, dust, vacuum, bathrooms! ick! But, throughout the month, I clean as needed. Since the house seemed unusually dusty, I cleaned some on Friday, Saturday AND Sunday! I got it all done a weekend early! (Maybe I completely forgot to clean last month? Eeeekkkk....that's a possibility) Since Tess was home for the weekend, I thought it would be fun if she helped. She disagreed. Surprise!

In between cleaning and laundry and yard-work, we did manage to have a little fun too! (Mike worked a lot of hours trying to make up for what he missed last week.......the guy really works a lot!)

Saturday night, Tess and I went to the Plaza for Waterfire? It really was cool. Lots of fires built on the creek with different types of entertainment all up and down Brush Creek. This is the 4th year of the artist display at the Plaza.





There were dancers on the stage with an awesome light show.........





..........beers vendors (Yay Beer!), hula girls and fire twirlers! It was a little chilly out, but it was fun to bundle up in sweaters and scarves and wear our boots!





We were right by Seasons 52 during all the festivities, so we decided to step in out of the cold for some red wine. (I do love that she is 21!)

We shared a couple of appetizers.....

Garlic Chicken Flatbread and Goat Cheese Ravioli!

Then we met a few friends for Karaoke and beer. It ended up being a super late night with a trip through Taco Bell Drive thru to end the night!!

Tess graduates and moves back home in December. We could really be dangerous together!

Sunday we took Tucker on a long walk, and we were both fascinated at the sight of one single cotton plant....




........so we picked some and brought it home to Mike. He actually seemed equally as impressed as we were!

Then we headed to Trader Joes for dinner groceries. They had the cutest little pumpkin patch just outside the front door.

We couldn't resist the opportunity for a picture!




Then we went to Chipotle for lunch, hit the frozen yogurt store for a little something sweet, then home to watch the Chiefs lose. Urg!

We had a great weekend, and I ate a half of a lot of things. I tracked everything I ate, and I got my walks in and some lawn work. I did my Physical Therapy at home, which is truly a challenge simply because it takes forever and is so boring. But hopefully the shoulder and neck will feel better soon.....

Here are the weekend eats!

Saturday Morning Breakfast

Oatmeal Banana Pancake
Topped with Better N Peanut Butter, Banana and a drizzle of Honey
6 PPV







Saturday Lunch
Grilled Better N Peanut Butter and Jelly
5 PPV





And a pear.....




Snack.....Tess and I shared leftovers from Friday Night.....
I just ate carrots and one bite of meat and potatoes
2 PPV




Seasons 52
Wine
9 PPV

Goat Cheese Ravioli
1/2 serving
5 PPV





Garlic Chicken Flatbread
1/2 serving
5 PPV





Beer
11 PPV

Taco Bell
7-layer Burrito
13 PPV




Sunday Breakfast
Toast, cheese, egg
4 PPV




Sunday Lunch
Burrito Bowl
No rice, chicken, black beans, tomato and corn salsa, lite sour cream, lite cheese and lettuce
12 PPV?



Snack
Frozen Yogurt
Oatmeal Cookie Flavor!
6 PPV





I made tacos for dinner, but just wasn't hungry at all, so I skipped dinner. Later in the evening I had a banana and a piece of toast with Trader Joes Honey Apple Butter! Yum......
2 PPV

Saturday = 56 PPV
Sunday = 24 PPV

I ate 48 of my 49 weekly allowance points, so I will only eat 26 PPV the rest of the week and get in my cardio. I overestimated on several things over the weekend if I was unsure, which I think I have been doing a lot of anyway, so it should be a great week!






Tess went home Sunday after the Chiefs loss. I follow her on twitter, and here is her tweet!

"Parents to me as I'm about to go back to Pitt "if you hit a deer, just call us and we'll come get you".....thanks guys."




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment