Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Saturday, November 3, 2012

Friday Reflection

I started referring to my Friday post as "Friday Reflections" a few weeks back. It was actually the subject matter of today's Weight Watcher meeting.

By the way, have I mentioned lately how much I love my WW Leader? I don't think I have. She came to me in my seat before she started the meeting and said to me....."What's going on with you? Your blog yesterday was really depressing."

I'm like......."I know, I know, I know. I don't know what my deal is."

Sometimes I forget she reads my blog! (Hi Joan!) I really put it all out there, and she supports me no matter what. When I get off track, she is there for me. Myself and my fellow WW members are lucky to have her! :) I almost skipped the meeting today, and I am so glad I didn't.

Okay, back to today's WW meeting.

I know when I decided to blog about my weight loss journey, and my life in general, it presented itself as a way to reflect.

Here's what we discussed in our meeting.....

Why do we reflect?
Why do we NOT reflect?
What does reflection really mean?

Why do we?

We reflect about things to think about what we did right, or what we did wrong. We then think about what we would do different, if anything, or we think about what we can continue to do that worked for us.

Why do we NOT?

Sometimes, we don't want to admit to ourselves the mistakes we made. We don't want to face fault. Sometimes we just don't make time for reflection.

What does it mean?

When asked in our Weight Watchers meeting, what we think reflection means, one member said.....

paraphrasing here.....

"When we take time to reflect, thats the highest level of when our learning takes place"

I thought that was BRILLIANT!! So did my Leader and many other members. She was asked to repeat what she had said....that's when I started jotting it down as best as I could.

I would say that I certainly spend more time reflecting about my "weight loss journey week" when I have a crappy one, than I do when I have a great one. When I have a great week, I pat myself on the back, and move on. When I have a crap week, I spend a lot of time thinking.....not so much about what I did that made it bad.......but WHY did I do the things that made it a crap week. I bet if I were able to answer that question easily, I could cure ALL the worlds obesity!!!

I think somehow there must be a psychological reason why weight loss can be so dang difficult.

For me, after lots of "reflecting", I realize I lose motivation. I feel good where I'm at. I have to remind myself to do different things that motivate me to continue to lose more weight. I decided to tape up post-it notes with motivational thoughts throughout the kitchen. My daughter (she's so smart) suggested I cut pictures out of magazines of body types I like. I liked her idea of pictures, so I cut out a few for different reasons and put them up in the pantry.

This one says......STAY ACTIVE....HAVE FUN! I don't expect to look like that, but I like the energy in the picture.





This one says......DETERMINATION! That is one serious CHICK!




This is a 45 year old Kansas City mom, grandma, and weight lifting competitor! This article was in KC Fitness.




She says to me......YOU CAN DO ANYTHING!
(And I like her butt)




Losing motivation and dealing with anxiety are two of my biggest obstacles. Anxiety is one of the reasons I overeat. Learning how to deal with the anxiety has been difficult, but I have learned a lot about myself in my time of "reflecting". When I have a consistent schedule of eating right, exercising regularly and getting plenty of rest, I am at my best, and that's when I am able to control my eating when dealing with the anxiety.

I actually googled this earlier in the week.......

"psychological explanation for why some people have such a hard time sticking to a diet plan?"

My google searches can be very wordy sometimes.........

But I found some very interesting articles. Click here and here to read two of the articles I found.

The first article is very informative with tips on how to keep motivated, and the second article talks about "Willpower" as a muscle and how to strengthen it. Both articles are a good read!

I'm totally an over-thinker, so I'm super excited to now be able to call it "Reflecting" so, after our meeting, I spent the next SEVERAL hours "Reflecting".

:)

I feel much better and I am ready for a great week!

I did NOT weigh in. :(


Breakfast
yogurt
2 PPV


Lunch
Salad Bar with taco meat and a few Baked Tostitos
5 PPV



Snack......I bought these cookies after someone mentioned them during the "Food Find" portion of our meeting.




5 cookies = 3 PPV




Dinner

It was one of those simple, but unexpectedly delicious dinner!

I bought one of those Pork Tenderloins in the vacuum pack, and threw it on the grill.

I baked potatoes in the microwave and decided to top it with a Laughing Cow Cheese wedge and a couple of sprays of Butter Spray. This was really, really good!

Then I made Mushrooms and Green Beans with Olive Oil, Balsamic Vinegar and Parmesan. You can find the recipe HERE! I found this recipe on Pinterest!




Pork Tenderloin
Green Beans and Mushrooms
Baked potato topped with one Laughing Cow Cheese Wedge
11 PPV




Since I am having to take a break from Bootcamp, I feel like my little 30 minute walks are more like a simple activity, not really exercise. I was reminded by my leader that its important to keep moving and I need to give myself credit for those 30 minute walks! So I did earn 2 activity points today with my walk.

:)


Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.


The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 2
Lunch = 5
Snack = 3
Dinner = 11

Total = 22

Activity Points Earned Today = 2
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 49
How many glasses of water I drank today = 12






"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment