Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Thursday, November 8, 2012

Just a Few Things To Say Today.........

Lots going on Wednesday....work at the Food Truck (always fun), final PT appointment, (further evaluation necessary, bummer), A trip to Hobby Lobby (ALL CHRISTMAS ITEMS 50% OFF!), a trip to Trader Joe's for a turkey (yip, I'm cooking a turkey this year.)

I have an appointment with an Orthopedic Surgeon for an evaluation in DECEMBER! So, in the meantime, I will continue to do my physical therapy at home, and hope that I see much improvement, and am able to cancel that December appointment.

I am going BACK to Hobby Lobby SOON! They had sooooo much cute stuff!

I bought a "brined" turkey at Trader Joe's, and although I have absolutely NO IDEA what that means, I'm super excited to cook this year for Thanksgiving!


My day started off with a Pumpkin Spice flavored coffee, with steamed milk and a sprinkle of Pumpkin Pie Spice to top it off!
2 PPV




Then a breakfast of Egg Whites, Cheese and Toast, with a small side of ketchup for dipping!
4 PPV




Before I left to work at the Food Truck, I decided I needed a little something more, so I had a yogurt.
2 PPV




All of the food at the Food Truck is awesome! I opted for the chili topped with a little cheddar.
9 PPV




Before I left the Food Truck for the day, I grabbed an Apple Crisp. They were going to be thrown out, and I couldn't bare the thought of that! I ate half of it before I even got halfway down the road home! So, I hesitantly tossed the other half out the window. Sorry Sidney. :(

1/2 piece of Kick Ass Apple Crisp
8 PPV?


Snack
0 PPV





Dinner was some kinda skillet turkey, onion, tomato soup madness.




I like to make turkey burgers with Cavender's seasoning, and top them with caramelized red onions, but I was in the mood for a One Dish Meal. I LOVE a One Dish Meal!




So I sautéed some onions in Olive Oil, added the turkey and some Cavender's seasoning.




Then I started going through the pantry. I was thinking pasta, but Mike is trying to limit carbs, and I'm trying to appreciate that, so the big fat white pasta noodles that I really wanted, were a no go. But I had brown rice! Then I saw this soup, and started thinking about the things I like to stuff bell peppers with, so I went down that road.

When I sampled this soup at Trader Joe's, it was awesome just by itself, but myself and several others around me started talking about how great it would be with other things added to it. Chicken Sausage? Pasta? Mixed Roasted Veggies? Rice? Quinoa?

Lots of options, or just enjoy it by itself. :)




After adding about half of the soup from Trader Joe's, I added about half of this package of rice.




Then I added 1/2 Cup of Reduced Fat Cheddar.....why would you NOT add cheese?




Yum. A great big skillet of goodness!




I divided it into six servings (about 7 PPV) and topped the whole dish with roasted Brussels sprouts! I popped the lid on top and waited for my hubby to get home.

He was impressed!




I added a little extra soup after I plated it up!




Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.


The food I ate today and it's PPV.

Breakfast = 6
Snack = 2
Lunch = 9
Snack = 8
Snack = 0
Dinner = 7

Total = 32

Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 20
How many glasses of water I drank today = 9





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. Love Hobby Lobby!! I can spend soooo much time and money in there! Your supper sounds wonderful...very comforting like a grilled cheese sandwich and tomatoe soup all in one dish!

    ReplyDelete