Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Thursday, December 13, 2012

My Proudest Accomplishment!

If I did anything right in this crazy, unexpected life of mine.......it was raising this kid.





When I was pregnant, I refuse to find out if the baby was a boy or a girl, and I insisted on having a drug free birth (call me old fashioned). I hated being pregnant though. When she moved inside me, all I could think about was the movie "Aliens". My boobs were bigger than the rest of my body.......except maybe my ankles. I didn't like anything about the whole "being pregnant" experience. Except that I KNEW in my heart I was having a girl, and I knew she would be amazing, and I knew one day, she would be my best friend.





I didn't go to college for many reasons. Sometimes I regret that decision, other times I remind myself that the decisions we have made in our lives, are the decisions that have brought us to where we are right now. And I can't imagine a better life than the one I have right now. I am blessed to have Mike as my husband, blessed to have Tess as my daughter, blessed to have Mike's kids in my life, and blessed to have the rest of my family and friends in my life.

When Tess was growing up, I wanted her to know that college was just a part of life. It was the next step after High School. It was expected. I wanted her to always be able to take care of herself, and never feel like she had to depend on someone else to take care of her. I wanted her to have the opportunity of an education, and I wanted her to know that she deserved it. I wanted her perception of college to be different than mine was when I graduated from High School.

Well, it was. She jumped right in! She picked Pitt State without hesitation. She graduated from High School a semester early, and being an August baby, she went to college at the age of 17. I was a nervous wreck!

She joined the sorority.....and became VERY involved!





She learned how to tailgate like a PRO! She like's beer. (She is my child)








Sometimes......I joined her!




Last year....she organized and chartered a bus, and followed the team to Alabama for the Championship Game!




They were even on TV! And they WON! Go straight up from the "P" in Pitt, second row, there's her pretty little face!




She was hired by Pitt State to work in the Student Center, which was nice, because as long as she was a full time student, she was guaranteed a job!

She became a student ambassador, so when perspective students came to tour the campus, she could show them and their parents all of the great things Pitt State had to offer!

She was on several different committees and was always looking for an opportunity to raise awareness of something she felt strongly about.
She organized "Boobie Bash" to raise awareness about Breast Cancer! Tess' great Grandmother was a Breast Cancer Survivor, and Tess was fortunate enough to be able to know her Great Grandmother very well.





She met a TON of great friends!






















She seems to enjoy a Theme Party, or just crazy clothes!




















She helped friends celebrate 21st birthdays!!




She was the "Sweetheart of Sigma Phi Epsilon"! Bad picture, but she is in the middle here, being serenaded.







She lived with these two crazy Sig Ep's her junior year! This was the year she learned "Most Boys Don't Clean"!







But that didn't seem to matter, because she is dating this roomie now........




Finally......she turned 21!





I went down to Pitt for a little birthday celebration!





Look how much she grew up in four years!




Here she is with her dad a few years back, I think when she first left for college. Maybe this picture is older than I think. she looks so young! She was a BABY!




I think she even attended classes regularly, however I do not have ONE picture to prove that. :)

I know there are many more college memories and accomplishments by Tess that are not listed here, but I have to remember I am writing a "Blog", not a "Book".

My pride and joy will graduate from Pittsburg State University on Friday, December 14th with a Bachelor of Science in Communications!

I wish I could stand on the rooftops and shout it out! Hey, maybe I will!






I must say, I think she made the best of her college experience. Not only does she walk away with a College Degree, but friendships and memories that will last a lifetime. Lessons about life, some good, some bad, that she will carry with her forever.

I am so excited to see what lies ahead for Tess and for her life. She's always planning her next move. It's been nothing but an honor to be her mom and watch her grow from an amazing kid into an amazing adult.

Yip. Definitely "My Proudest Accomplishment".

The quote below, that is at the end of every blog post I write?
She found that quote.
She's kinda smart.

"love the life you live, live the life you love"

3 comments: