Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Monday, January 7, 2013

Dallas, here we come.

We were on the road by 7:00 am. We decided to take the scenic route vs. Interstate 35 the entire way.

Together, we planned and packed lots of healthy snacks for the road.




Celery, peanut butter........




Clementines, WW Cheese sticks, apple slices, Laughing Cow Cheese wedges........




Finishing up last minute task. Look at all of her list! She gets that from me! He he he.




High protein breakfast of egg whites and a Light English Muffin before we hit the road.




Leaving Kansas! (I darn near missed the sign!)




Hello Oklahoma!




Lunch stop at the Hard Rock! This was an accident, but it was right off the highway! We were pretty sure it was meant to be!




Look! A Bar! In the Hard Rock!




Look! Beers......in a bar!




We shared a Caesar salad and chicken quesadilla while trying to contain our excitement. (We were going to be good with a Subway or Fast Food option.)




Then we hit the slot machines. A first for Tess. I will treasure this moment forever.




Gotta love the penny slots!




We lost a hub cap! Since owning this car, which Tess despises, I'm not sure how many times the hub caps have been replaced. This time, Mike put them on, and literally Zip Tied them on! When we came out to the car after lunch, it was the first thing we noticed! Can't seem to keep those things on this car.





Tess drove the whole way! Control freak! I don't know where she gets it. :)




I tried my hardest to remain calm and relax.......

I did okay, I guess.




We enjoyed the planned snacks.......
Apples and peanut Butter.....




Popcorn......diet Coke and water....




We finally reached our destination around 5:00 pm. Our two hour stop for lunch, and the 5 other potty stops we made put us behind schedule a bit, but really, we had planned to reach our destination between 3:00 and 8:00 pm. So as far as we were concerned, we were right on schedule.

Tess has a cousin, Jason, that lives just north of Dallas with his wife, Sara. They said they would be happy to have Tess during her stay in Texas, so she took them up on the offer. I am so glad she has someone to stay with that she knows and that is familiar with the area. We all stayed up late into the night getting reacquainted and Tess is really lucky to have them. I had never met Sara, but instantly fell in love with her. I enjoyed our chat so much that it's going to be hard to leave, but it will also make it that much easier knowing Tess is with family. Things just continue to fall into place for her.

We had wine and Spaghetti for dinner at Jason and Sara's, and I believe I may have over indulged, but this is my best guesstimate. Her homemade meatballs were delicious!

I brought clothes to walk in, so hopefully that will happen.

Here is my journal........





Activity Points Earned Today = 0
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 1
How many glasses of water I drank today = 8

Excited to spend Monday discovering Dallas!!






"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment