Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Friday, January 25, 2013

MRI results......

So I sat waiting.....staring at that computer.........





.........knowing the results were in there somewhere. Then Dr. Gurley entered the room. This is what he said.

"We'll, I have good news and I have bad news. The good news is....I found the problem. The bad news is....I found the problem."

I like this guy.

I am having surgery on February 8th to repair my torn Rotator Cuff. He was completely honest and told me that one week after surgery, I will regret having surgery. Two weeks after surgery, I will regret even more that I had the surgery. Three to Four weeks after surgery, I will begin to feel better. Three months after surgery, I should be able to return to Boot Camp with limited weights, and work my way to a full recovery! Yay!

I only wish I would have pursued this many months ago.

Before my afternoon appointment, I had a full morning at home still trying to get vacation laundry done. Everything we took smelled wet? So I washed every item of clothing we took, which as usual, was way too much! :)

During laundry, I had a good treadmill workout.

It felt good to get a little workout in today and get back into somewhat of a routine. I did a "walking treadmill workout" from one of the blogs I follow. I like the blog and it is one that I take a lot of great info from. I love the way she writes, her dog is adorable, most of her recipes are simple and I think if we had the opportunity to meet, we'd be friends. :)

Click Here to check out her blog.

I did alter it a bit because my treadmill only inclines to a 10, and keeping a walking speed of 4.0 with my 24" long legs is an almost impossible task.

I kept my pace at 3.5 and at instead of the incline at 11, 12 and 13, I replaced that with 8, 9 and 10. At the end, I did a 5 minute cool down at 3.0.





Then I did a few crunches, and by a few, I mean 3. Then I played with the dogs because while I was lying on the floor, they were both breathing heavily right in my face. Then I mustered up the energy to do 50 crunches.

Maybe tomorrow I can do more. Like say 3, then 50, then 50 more, then 3.

Here are the days eats.......


Breakfast
Trader Joes Bread for toast
Egg Beaters, Reduced Fat Cheese, Bacon Pieces

5 PPV



......and coffee




Lunch
Lettuce, chicken, carrots, red onion, reduced fat feta, cucumber
balsamic vinegar, olive oil

7 PPV





I like my salads all chopped up!




Dinner
Comfort Food
Tuna Casserole

This just screams "MOM!" to me.

Egg Noodles, Tuna, Cream of Mushroom Soup, Canned Peas,
Reduced Fat Cheddar Cheese, Skim Milk and Panko Bread Crumbs





12 PPV







I drank lots and lots and lots of water!





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment