Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Friday, March 29, 2013

Cookies for Breakfast!

I have been trying to not look at Pinterest as often as I was before, and I have been trying to not look at recipes and not watch the Food Network as often as I was before, in my effort to spend less time "thinking" about food. I really have only had a few "bad?" days in the last four weeks where I felt like I ate more than I should and turned to food as a result of stress or boredom. I feel like I am doing a pretty good job considering all the time I am spending at home alone. My new strategy includes a few changes, but still is a slow weight loss plan of possibly one pound a week. I think Friday's results will be right on schedule.

I did spend a couple of days this week browsing Pinterest for a few new ideas when I saw an idea for a cookie that was made from bananas and oatmeal.

1 C Quick Cooking Oats
2 smashed ripe bananas

Thats it. Add in whatever you want. Walnuts, Chocolate Chips, Cocoa Powder, Coconut? Make 16 cookies. Bake at 350 for 15 minutes on a greased cookie sheet. This is basically the same ingredients I put in my Oatmeal Banana Pancake, minus the egg whites I put in my pancake, so I basically converted my pancake......,to cookies!

I added to the Oats and bananas..... 2 packets of Stevia, 1/4 tsp of cinnamon, 1/4 tsp of vanilla and 2 T. of PB2 (peanut butter powder). Then I topped each cookie with 2 Peanut Butter Chips. Possibly not the cookie your kid wants as an after school treat, but it was a great breakfast treat for me with my coffee!





I sent Tess an Easter "Box" this week, and when she came home from work and had received it in the mail, she called all excited, just like she was a little kid again, so we did FaceTime while she opened it! Then we got caught up and had a good 30 minute FaceTime conversation. Of course she had to catch up with the dogs too! I saw this later on Instagram. :)





It's been a really good week as far as Weight Watchers goes. Thursday I walked on the treadmill early in the day, then walked outside with a friend in the afternoon. I ended up getting in about 5 miles.

I worked in Blueberries, spinach and Green Tea on Thursday and ended up getting another good nights sleep. I hope this isn't a fluke? I am going to continue to attempt to get in at least three of those anti-inflammatory foods I listed yesterday in an effort to feel and sleep better!








I hope you all have a Wonderful weekend and that you have Wonderful people in your life to spend it with!




"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment