Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Happy Mom, Happy Kid, Happy Dogs

First, get this. Just a few short days after me getting my first iPhone last week, my iPad died. When I took it to the Apple Store, they told me it was fried. Urg. I know they were honest with me, but I felt like I was at the mechanic and they were telling me everything was broken on my car and that it would cost me a gazzilion dollars to fix it!

So. On Thursday, I purchased the new iPad, with the extended warranty.

On Friday, the Internet at home went out, which I really hoped had something to do with destroying my precious iPad, but apparently it didn't. Time Warner showed up at 4:30 pm on Saturday and didn't leave until 7:00PM!!!!

Today, Sunday, all tech things seem to be working properly and all is well. I tried to pretend like it wasn't bothering me and spent lots of time outside and busy around the house, but it was DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!

Now, on with the updates and happy news.

The Dogs went to the groomer and look adorable, but refuse to pose together!!!







Tess finished her first full week of employment at Southwest Airlines in Dallas and is ecstatic!! Not only does she think she is really going to enjoy the job and the people, but Tess has learned LOTS and LOTS of information about saving money, 401k's, insurance.......health, dental, vision, life, and yes, even CAR insurance!! The benefits they offer are truly amazing and after starting to plan a budget, she realizes what a incredible opportunity working for Southwest is going to be........and FREE UNLIMITED FLIGHTS!!!!!!

(Oh, AND, most of the business by her apartment building, which is by the airport, offer 10%-15% discounts to all Southwest employees!!)

We are just so happy for her. I am planning to go see her and celebrate "Mothers Day" with her at the end of June, since we didn't get to be together this year.

Mike and I are planning to go see her in August or September, or who knows? Maybe both!!! It's FREE!!!!!

Okay, weight loss........

This has been a really long journey for me to the 160's. I did get to 165 last summer, for like a week. Then the low 170's crept back and I just hung out there for a while, knowing what I could get away with, and what I couldn't get away with. Then, the week after my rotator cuff surgery in February, the UPPER 170's crept back. That was scary. I think a lot of that was directly related to the surgery, but I did NOT like it, surgery or no surgery.

Two weeks after surgery, Roberta entered my weight loss journey with me, as my "coach". She made me set goals. Goals with a date attached to them, which I had not done since joining Weight Watchers in September of 2009. Weight loss goals with timelines attached to them make me panic. Too much pressure to succeed. Too much pressure to follow the rules all the time. Too many obstacles in the way for me to be able to do that. But, hesitantly, I agreed. I also agreed to "charts", which I had never made a part of my weight loss plan, EVER! Charts make it all real and your results are in your face!

Last week, I panicked with where I was on my chart, and knowing what social events I had scheduled for the rest of the month, I just felt like I would not be able to get to where I needed to be by the end of May.

Roberta set me straight by reminding me that I had to decide right then and there, how important it was for me to really reach my goals or not, and what was I willing to sacrifice to get there.

I worked like crazy this week following all the rules.

I walked like crazy!
I drank LOTS of water!
I ate a ridiculous amount of fruits and veggies!
I wrote down every bite I put into my mouth!

And I lost 3.2 lbs!

I did gain 1.8 last week, and it was my hope to get that off and then some, so I was quite pleased to step on the scale and see......

162.4!







That number is important for two reasons.

1. I earned another "5 lb" award at my meeting, which means you get recognition, then typically, if it is okay with you, they say your total weight loss, and mine is now 45 pounds. I'm like, uh.....YES I want recognition, and please tell the whole world!!! I'm stoked!!!! :)

2. I worked hard to lose about 20-25 pounds before I got pregnant with Tess. The day I found out I was pregnant, I weighed 162 pounds. I remember feeling really good about myself at that weight, but still knew that I should weigh less than that. Anyhow, I have weighed 162 only a couple of times during the last 21 years, and it feels amazing to be back at that weight, and to know that I will soon weigh less than that, and that it will now be forever.

My goal shows 160, and I need to officially change that to 150. I set my goal at 160 some time ago, remembering how great I felt at 162, but I know now that I need to weigh less, and that it is doable and a realistic goal for me to achieve. 160 is also off the BMI chart for my 5'5" height. The max is 150. Who knows, maybe when I get there, 145 will sound appealing.

I have decided that when I reach 160 at the end of this month, I will start to post photos of food again and be a bit more detail about what I am eating and the quantities. I really want my blog to be a useful tool for anyone trying to lose weight, and I know that the last ten pounds is going to be a real challenge. I want to be able show exactly what foods I eat and what my exercise routine is to get there.

So, it was a great week in "Julie's Weight Watcher World" and I am already excited for next weeks weigh in, because that weight will be a number I don't think I have weighed since shortly after High School.






"love the life you live, live the life you love"

1 comment:

  1. Awesome, awesome, awesome!!! I am so happy for you!!!!!!! And I think Tess's job is brilliant. I really want to spend time with her when she comes to town. I want to emulate what Southwest does with our company. I told Jack that I think Castle Creations can be THE COMPANY that everyone in Kansas City wants to work for, if we do it right. I've always admired Southwest. I want to hear her stories.

    You are doing so great. I can't wait to hear your shout of delight from here when you step on the scale on or before May 31st and it says 160.00!!!!!!! You are almost there. Wowsers!! What and amazing journey.

    Go Julie Go!

    ReplyDelete