Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Friday, May 10, 2013

"Is this some kinda IQ test or something?......."

I bought this fancy schmancy wireless speaker for my iPad and iPhone.

BUT, I CAN'T GET IT OUT OF THE BOX!!!!





So, I took it back to the Verizon store. I had lots of odd questions about my new toy anyhow.

(Holy Cow! Look at that dark cloud! That thunderstorm Wednesday night was ridiculously scary and loud! I sat straight up in bed with every single thunder boom! I don't think Mike heard a thing.)





Anywho......as I walked into the store, possibly six employees greeted me at the door, including Adrian, the nice young man that helped me the day before, and who possibly thought I was insane, and kinda dumb. I held up my half-opened wireless/speaker/Boombox thingymabob, and said....

"Is this some kinda IQ test or something? If so, I failed"

They actually agreed that the packaging was crazy, and took it to the back room to open it.....with pliers, which is actually what I tried at home, without success.

Adrian may have already been concerned about me having these new techish toys.

While trying to sell me on the iPhone 5, which I refused, and let him know that the iPhone 4 (which was free) would more than satisfy all of my cell phone needs, I reminded him that I was still amazed that I could actually talk on a phone while walking around OUTSIDE of my house!! This is when Adrian became unsure of me. I didn't blame him.

After my purchase, and a small lesson, I ran out to the car to get my iPad so he could show me all of the amazing things I could do after syncing them together!!

I was a little slow at first with a few of his suggestions and his fancy talk, but slowly I caught on and became super excited! I believe my exact words were.......

"Oh, I get it! This is just like algebra! It usually took me until Thursday before I would understand Mondays lesson!"

Adrian....."We'll thats good, then I guess you aced the test on Friday?"

Yes Adrian. Now you understand me!

Then he wanted to show me when and when NOT to use wifi. I'm not sure I took that all in. He made me click on something called "Hotspots"? Now I can't find it, but at the time, I told him I didn't think it had been named very appropriately and it just sounded dirty. Then he looked at my phone and said.....

"See? Now you're turned on."

Moving forward.

I went home, changed, and headed out for my walk, excited to enjoy my Pandora stations while moving right along. Before I left, I looked at the time on my iPhone, and realized I had a user friendly stopwatch, so I started it.

When I got home, I had been walking for over an hour and 43 minutes!!
WHOO WHOO!!!




The rest of the day involved me learning more about my new toy, enjoying Pandora via my new wireless Boom-box, laundry and dog walks.

I drank lots of water and am hoping to have a decent weigh in this morning. And by decent, I mean I will still be able to reach my goal of 160 by the last Friday in May. Even if I am up a bit, I will still be below my green line on my chart, and I WILL reach my goal at the end of August!

Today's chart before weigh in.......





Here are my current miles walked...160!






I filled up on lean protein, fruits and veggies, and I am looking forward to a very successful week by doing just that and walking many, many miles!
















"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment