Fun!

Fun!
Lake Fun!

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

All That Protein, Is Ice Cream Still Okay?








I know you're tired of me blogging about protein, but yesterday, as I was enjoying my Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich, and eating lots of protein throughout the day, AND staying within my WW Points, I began to wonder.....Am I defeating the whole EXTRA protein process by eating my sugary, low point treat?

I am trying to break into the 150's by increasing my protein. Weight Watchers is great about teaching you how to eat a variety of foods and teaching you about eating all things in moderation, so on a typical WW day, I would eat the ice cream sandwich and not really think twice. But now I wonder.......

I wish I were a dietician, or maybe a scientist, or just naturally thin so I wouldn't have to worry about it!

Jamie, the trainer I have been working with, really emphasizes the importance of protein in weight loss, and in maintenance. He thinks he can get me to drop 2 to 3 pounds fairly quickly if I do as he says. I am meeting with him today, so he can tell me what he recommends that I eat for the next 7 days or so. I'm a bit skeptical.

I am going to Dallas this weekend again, so there may be a few challenges, but no drinks at all this visit, and possibly only one meal out, then Tess and I are going to eat all other meals at her apartment and hopefully have a little fun cooking!!

Breakfast




Snack




Lunch





Snack

1/2 C. Low Fat Cottage Cheese, 12 Almonds

Snack (the one that got me to thinkin)





Dinner outside on the patio at Paddy O'Quigley's, and the weather was surprisingly pleasant!

This is on the appetizer menu, and for $3 more, you can get a double order. So I did.





Refresh...I can eat 26 points a day.
I can earn Activity Points by doing exercise, and eat them if I choose.
I have an allowance of 49 points that I can dip into if I chose.
I should drink a minimum of 6 (8 oz) glasses of water each day.

The food I ate and it's PPV

Breakfast = 5 Egg Whites, Cheese, Grapefruit (3)
Snack = Coffee with Milk (1)
Snack = Whey Protein Shake with frozen Strawberries (3)
Lunch = Tuna with Tomatoes and Shredded Carrots, Pear and Apple (3)
Snack = 1/2 C. low fat Cottage Cheese, 12 almonds (4)
Snack = Skinny Cow Ice Cream Sandwich (4)
Dinner = Grilled Chicken Tenders (double order), Carrots, Ranch (10)

Total = 28

Today's Exercise....

Walked 4 Miles
Met with Trainer, Squats, Lunges and other stuff!

How many glasses of water I drank today = 15!
Activity Points Earned Today = 6
Activity Points Earned This Week = 26
Remaining points from my 49 Points Allowance = 31
ALCOHOL consumption = Zero, but a cold six pack sounded awesome on the deck last night!! Yes, I said a SIX PACK!!





"love the life you live, live the life you love"

No comments:

Post a Comment